Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thankful

I love re-reading my journal. I pray in my journal and i write nightly, right before i go to bed to the soothing sounds of Ravi Zacharias. I love seeing how far i've come in a matter of months and I love being excited for how far i have to go. I also love seeing how the Lord has answered certain prayers and has done so exactly when i most needed Him too.

I prayed and prayed and prayed for a great Godly older woman friend and weeks later i met Richelle. We've started running together and I actually look forward to 6:30 am run times where I can unload my week on her and hers on me and we talk through it all and she gives me great insights. 

Then my lovely facebook/blog prayer circle started with Erin and Leigh and it has blessed me SO much. They put up with my giant long winded messages and pray for me and I read their lovely succinct messages and pray for them and its encouraging and exactly what good friendship should be. 

We watched a video in church the other week on what poverty really is and the man in the video suggested that poverty is a lack of friends. I love having a group of friends who cares so deeply about serving people and so so so deeply about serving the poor (in whatever form that poverty may present itself).

I love Brooke Fraser. Her songs are simple but speak to me. One song, Faithful, has this verse in it and i LOVE it.

"When i can't feel you, I have learned to reach out just the same
When I can't hear you, I know you still hear every word i pray
And i want you more than i want to live another day
And as i wait for you, maybe i'm made more faithful"

I love it because I comforts me when i feel like i'm waiting for God to speak to me or reveal something to me and its taking forever in 'amy time'.....but during that wait i'm learnig patience and being made more faithful.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

oh I love you sweet girl! I love your heart and the precious things the Lord is doing in it!
I was talking to my friend Betsy the other day (the mom who is adopting from China and they have been waiting 3 years) she said to me I know our wait seems like forever but there are people waiting on things they will never get to see on this side of heaven, now that is true waiting. She was talking specifically about a family in our church who last their infant son about 7 years ago and how they are waiting to be reunited with him in heaven. WOW that puts things in perspective. Love!

Anonymous said...

I just read your blog...and I am thankful for your love and friendship too. God is really challenging my heart about the verse in 2 corinthians 5:7--For we walk by FAITH not by sight..the message says..."Its what we trust in but don't yet see that keeps us going"

So my sweet friend Amy...what has God put into your heart? What prophecy has been spoken over your life? What has God made Amy for?What keeps Amy going? To bring HIM glory...to fulfill HIS plans for HIS people...the body of Christ....and you my friend have a very important place in HIS plans...and let me tell you...theres no better place to be :))

I forgot im going to a womens retreat this weekend so I wont be back till late Sat night...when do you leave for Alberta? I would love to connect before you go but understand if things are too crazy...

Much love and hugs
Richelle