Thursday, March 26, 2009

Current Obsessions

Awhile back, Leigh wrote a blog about her current obsessions and challenged her readers to do the same. Leigh- this post is for you! 
Lately I have really enjoyed mowing down a crisp, cold granny smith. Early in the morning or after a good long swim, there is nothing better.
I've never been the most outdoorsy girl but this summer i intend on becoming one. I also want to go camping for real. I've been twice before but they don't count because one time was in grade 6 on a field trip and one time was an hour from my house. While I'm camping, I want to enjoy comfortable footwear which brings me to my next obsession. I love looking for a good deal on Chaco's online and while I have yet to purchase a pair, I will, once i go to a store and try on a pair so I know the exact size.
I love dogs. I especially love boxers. I know that this is a golden retriever but I have to include it because a) he's got the cutest face and b) i MAY chose a GR over a boxer if i were to ever live on a farm, fish a lot, or decide that i don't mind being covered in dog hair. until then......
I will continue being in love with Boxers. Sometimes i think they are actually kind of ugly- like this photo. He doesn't seem as attractive a purchase as Buddy one photo up but I think they're so cool and would be really fun to run with. Plus I'm naming my dog Scout and it suits a boxer better. 
Normally, i love being in bare feet. But lately I've been LOVING my champion socks. I get bulk packs from Costco and they are good quality and oh so comfortable. 


I am currently obsessed with looking at houses online. Recently I found this little gem, here in Peterborough, and I often day dream about organizing and rearranging my non existent house. I flip between wanting to hop a plane to Uganda as soon as I fill in the last letter on the scan tron sheet of my RN exam and settling down here, having a cute house, a cute family, and a cute dog. 
I am currently obsessed with love. Not even me being in love really... lately I just really love love. Maybe it has something to do with all the great love stories I've read/watched/know lately. Either way- I love love and I'm not ashamed to admit it. 

I am currently/continually obsessed with FAIL BLOG. It is a hilarious website and i check it often.  
Another great website is bookmarked on my computer as "Natch News". Now I realize that there are many people out there who are die hard animal lovers and can't stand to watch those world wildlife foundation commercials and stuff but really, unless its a horse or a dog i really like, i could care less about animals. In fact, right next to my bookmarked Natch News, is my bookmarked BBC Africa. I like human news way better than animal news but sometimes you can learn the coolest/dumbest things....take for example THIS little ditty how aphids like to snuggle with their dead friends for protection. Who knew?!
 

4 comments:

Leigh said...

okay love granny smith apples, really why would you eat or cook with anything else?
I wish we had a Costco, we have Sam's though and I just fell in love with it all over again last night.
Love some FailBlog, we look at it at work all the time.
The new layout is amazing, seriously I love it.

janet said...

You know what they say about dogs and their owners. they look alike. why dont you choose a pretty dog? Be cause a boxer isnt all that becoming on you.
Be like your sister. Choose something with grace, elegance, gorgeous hair, a non shedder, and better yet, poised. like a wheaten or a a kerry blue.
If you buy a shedder i will NEVER baby sit it or let it in my house.
PRIASE ONCE AGAIN ON YOUR NEW LOOK. your blog look that is ...although your pretty too

mama becca said...

I love your obsessions :).
chaco's rock, by the way!!!
luv
becca

Anonymous said...

So I had a great little chuckle when I saw your Golden Retriever shot...cuz guess what?? we are adopting a puppy at the end of June....the mommy is expecting puppies at the end of April and we will get her in June.....exciting!!!! The hair ...not so exciting -the things us parents do for our kids. And our name? I think it will be Zoe....Zoe the Golden Retrieverxo

You can babysit ANYTIME!!!!
XO Miss u....you are wonderful
Big Hugs
Richelle