Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mint Chocolate Chip Icecream, Nibs, Mike and Ikes, Diet pepsi.....

not a good combo right before bed.

after a rousing evening of speed scrabble, i headed off to bed after eating a moderate amount of the aforementioned items.

At 9:03am I woke up to the sound of my cell phone vibrating and was stunned at the real-ness of my night.

I was at a John Mayer concert with my roommate Bea, 2 other people I can't remember and this guy i used to date in high school. Bea went to the bathroom and we were all sitting in the exact same seats me and mollie sat it last summer when we went to JM's concert in Edmonton. I see D and wave like a mad woman trying to get his attention and he comes and sits beside me after i politely ask the people a few seats down to scooch down one to make room for Bea. This whole time bea is standing back thinking i've ditched her for some guy and gets really upset with me. D leaves to morph into John Mayer after the chinese worship singer is done being the opening act.

I ask JM "is that the same carpet you played on for the Any Given Thursday Live DVD?" he says "nope- it was different." i follow him up to the stage and wonder where David Ryan Harris is, his guitar player and really really excellent singer (for real...check him out). All of a sudden I'm freaked out on stage and looking out over thousands of people so i bolt off the stage and run through this roadie door to the outside, barreling past security. they think i've done for something wrong or stolen something so this security man takes me to the security camper van and makes me explain myself.

i tell him the whole story and he says that for my punishment I'm not allowed to take the Greyhound bus from Markham Ontario to California anymore.

and then i woke up.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

so very glad that I am not the only one that is crazy dreams and hilarious that you remember all the details of it!