Friday, December 26, 2008

Boxing Day

Up here in the northern part of north america, Canada has a wee tradition called Boxing Day. On December 26th, millions of people leave their warm homes and pile into malls and big box stores. I went to Future Shop today because my new MACBOOK was 150 dollars off. (so handy considering i bought it 4 days ago!) OF course I wanted a price adjustment and wouldn't you know, no on takes returns, exchanges or price adjustments till the 28th, one day after the price of my mac going back up to 1399. You can imagine the fuss i'm going to kick up if that 150 is not back in my checkings account.

I went to north america's largest mall (no its not mall of america- we beat it by 1 million square feet), West Edmonton Mall and it was if everyone in the city of Edmonton had packed into the mall. It was nuts. Line ups for Lulu Lemon and this weird clubbing clothing store Pusch had lineups over 100 people long!! Future Shop was a nightmare with my sister and I circling the parking lot, stalking people coming out of the store to their cars just to find parking. Inside it was madness but i guess if you're going to by a tv you might as well get one thats 2000 dollars off!!!! Some stores had signs for 75% off. The news tonight had camera crews out at the mall and many people had bags and bags and bags hanging off their arms...no signs of a recession here...

Imagine my surprise when i turn on KXLY news from Spokane and they showed video from their malls and they were literally empty.

Seems more american's saw the Advent Conspiracy video than Canadians :)

Now here are some adorable photos from my beautiful Christmas Eve night with my family and Our 2 Ethiopian family friends! IT was AWESOME!








3 comments:

Auntie Amanda said...

Oh gosh, I just watched some show on tv last night about your mall! And its waterpark. A waterpark?!?! Seriously?! You win, Canada...

janet said...

oh my gosh. THE MALL THE MALL!! SUCH MADNESS. to bad the sales sucked and neither of us had the appetite to put a dent in our wallets. oh well. theres always next year. superstore was AWESOME. i love a good snowsuit sale.at least mom and mom#2 found some decent sales...
i am rather fond of that pic of us sistas. we look extra cute this year. and my hair looks Hoser Eber worthy. dont ya think?

janet said...

p.s. i have some onion rings for sale.